When you are looking for the holiday cottage that's right for you and family, it's…
Getting stuck into Norfolk
There is never a dull moment in Norfolk; even the skies are graced with glorious sunshine on a daily basis, and there is something to do every day here. It’s the reason so why many holiday makers make Norfolk their first choice of destination, after all, not to mention the reason why so many locals choose to stay here. The school holidays are just around the corner and I’m sure you’re eager to take the family away for a few days, so what better place to visit our county and stay in one of our cottages in Norfolk!
If you were planning your trip to Norfolk over the next few weeks or in preparation for the summer holidays, then we have a list of things for you to do as a family. These include fantastic activities such as lamb feeding at Wroxham Barns, but be super quick as you only have until 30th June. After that, though, you can enjoy a fabulous display of fireworks from 15th July until 1st September. The locations are as follows:
- Central Beach – every Wednesday from 15th July to 26th August
- Hemsby Beach – every Tuesday from 21st July to 1st September
- Gorleston Cliff Top Festival – 26th July
We can give you a full list of fireworks displays and much more during your visit at Hall Farm Cottages in Norfolk, so don’t worry!
Now, you can’t visit Norfolk without visiting one of our many farm shops and delis! You’ll be truly missing out if you don’t go and you just have to indulge in some of our local delicacies. We have a selection of artisan breads, a range of scrumptious pastries and top of the range meats – and of course, plenty of cheeses to sample out. Plus, now is the season of freshly picked summer fruit which means jams and preservatives will be sold in almost every local shop you find! We’re sure once you’ve sampled one jar, you’ll be bringing plenty more over to our cottages in Norfolk to get stuck into!
Here are some must-eats during your stay at Norfolk:
- Cromer Crabs
- Brancaster Mussels
- Stiffkey Cockles
- Selection of local cheeses – Binham Blue, Copys Cloud (fluffy, white rind with a melting centre), Wighton (fresh curd), Walsingham (matured cheese), Wells Apline, Warham (part-soft available in a range of flavours including mustard, tomato and herb, and cumin)
- Norfolk turkey – turkeys aren’t just for Christmas you know!
- Mint – freshly picked
- Mustard – Collman’s Mustard to be precise (made and produced in Norfolk)
- Beer – did you know that Norfolk has the best malting barley in any country and microbrewies in any county?
- Whiskey – yes, you must sample some of Norfolk’s home-brewed whiskey. Situated in East Harling is St George’s Distillery, which is the first whiskey distillery in England for 100 years and it produces some award winning whiskeys!
Like we said, there are plenty of things to do and try in Norfolk and we’re here to help you make your holiday and stay here as enjoyable and full of treasurable memories as possible. So start planning your stay here by booking one of our homely cottages in Norfolk…